Aldi is once again saving the day with easy weeknight meal ideas! In all honestly these meatballs would be fabulous alone, but I was craving a creamy sauce tonight. The result? A decadent diet-friendly buffalo “gravy”.
- 26 oz. bag Bremer frozen Buffalo Style Chicken Meatballs
- 2 c. chicken bone broth
- 4 oz. 1/3 Less Fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c. buffalo wing sauce, medium
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot
- 2 tsp. dry Ranch powder
- Prepare your meatballs according to the package directions. They can be baked or opted to use the air fryer. I ended up air frying at 400* for about 10 minutes, shaking halfway.
- In a large sauce pan, add in the chicken bone broth. Bring to a boil and slowly whisk in cream cheese until incorporated. Add buffalo sauce and ranch dressing seasoning. Once all combined, slowly add in arrowroot 1 Tbsp. at a time (you may not need the full amount). Whisk until you reach the desired consistency, I wanted a thicker sauce.
- Once sauce is ready, add in meatballs and simmer for a few minutes. Pairs wonderfully with homemade cauliflower mash.
Yields 6 servings | 257 calories per serving | Eat, Bork, & Be Merry! | Kate Lax-Watkins