- 4 (8 oz.) portions fresh salmon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Japanese 7 spice seasoning
- 2 c. uncooked rice, steamed
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- Kewpie mayo
- Optional: green onions and furikake
- Sides: diced cucumber, sliced avacado, and toasted Nori snack sheets
- Preheat oven to 400*. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange salmon filets on pan and brush on olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. Sprinkle Japanese 7 spice mix on top. Bake for about 18-20 minutes until the salmon is flakey. Remove from the oven and using a fork, gently flake the salmon.
- To arrange: Lay a bed of rice down first. Pour roughly 1/2 tsp. sesame oil and about 1 tsp. of spy sauce over rice. Spoon flaked salmon on top. Drizzle kewpie mayo and sriracha. Do NOT skip the Kewpie mayo, it is heavenly!! Top with optional green onions and furikake.
- To eat: I opted to mix everything together evenly. The seaweed snack sheets can be used like “tortillas” and top with avocado and cucumber if desired.
Yields 4 servings | Eat, Bork & Be Merry! | Kate Lax-Watkins | © Just Borking Around