- 1 lb. ground turkey sausage
- olive oil
- Flavor God Italian Zest seasoning
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1 c. spicy arrabiatta pasta sauce
- 2 (13.8 oz.) cans refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 c. shredded Italian cheese
- 1/4 c. Chef Shamy Garlic Butter base, melted
- In a large nonstick pan, heat roughly 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and break into pieces to allow for even cooking. Season with Flavor God seasoning to your preference. Once cooked through, transfer to a plate and set to the side.
- In the same pan, add 1 more Tbsp. of olive oil and toss in sliced peppers and onions. Cook until they begin to soften. Season with Flavor God seasoning, salt, and pepper to your liking. Stir in arrabiatta sauce and simmer until bubbly.
- Before assembling stroms, preheat oven broiler.
- Roll out both pizza doughs into even rectangular shapes onto two separate cookie sheets. Disperse the sauce, ground turkey and shredded cheese evenly between the 2 crusts . Gently fold up the long sides of the strom until they meet in the center and push down to seal. Don’t forget the ends!
- Brush the melted garlic butter over the top and bake under broiler for 6-8 minutes, watch closely. Once a nice brown crust has formed on top, remove from the oven and reduce the heat back down to 375*. Flip the stromboli over carefully and brush other side with more garlic butter. Place back in the oven and continue baking for an additional 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool almost completely before slicing.
Yields 8 servings | Eat, Bork, & Be Merry | Kate Lax-Watkins | © Just Borking Around