- 1 (32 oz.) bag tater tots
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cubed ham
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 3 c. milk
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. mustard powder
- 1 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 2 small heads of broccoli, slightly steamed
- 3 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake tater tots until extra crispy and golden brown according to package directions. The crunchier the better since we are pouring a semi-liquid on top which could cause soggy potatoes. Remove from oven and bump heat down to 375*.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, melt butter and add in onions. Saute until the onions begin to brown and add in cubed ham. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour into pot and stir until combined. Let flour cook for a few minutes (watch carefully for scorching on bottom of pan) and then whisk in the milk and seasonings.
- Once the mixture has slightly thickened, add in 2 cups of the shredded cheese and allow to melt.
- Place broccoli on top of tater tots and pour cheese mixture over the broccoli. Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Yields 10 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!