This pasta salad is the very definition of summer… but it’s so good that I make it year round! Originally I made this recipe with just cucumbers, tomatoes, bacon, mayo, and Nature’s Seasoning; although to make it go further, I have now transformed it into a pasta salad and vamped it up further with Ranch dressing seasoning and shredded cheese.
- 12 oz. box elbow macaroni noodles
- 3 packages of bacon bits
- 2 c. mayonnaise
- 1 (1 oz.) packet of Ranch Dressing seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning + more to taste
- 2 large cucumbers, diced
- 8 Roma tomatoes, diced (any tomato will do, I used 6 DRAINED beefsteak tomatoes from Grandma’s garden – Roma tend to be more firm)
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta until aldente according to directions (salt boiled water before adding in pasta). Do not overcook! Drain and run under cold water to stop cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing packet, Nature’s seasoning, and garlic powder. Whisk until combined.
- In a large tupperware container (I used 8 quart to allow for enough room to mix), combine the pasta, cheese, bacon bits, mayo mixture, and chopped veggies. Gently fold to incorporate everything together.
- Taste test and add more Nature’s Seasoning to your liking. Chill in fridge until served.
Yields approximately 4 quarts.