Be the star of any Christmas party with these adorable Oreo truffles that are sure to put smiles on guests’ faces!
- 8 oz. box cream cheese, softened
- 14.3 oz. package of Oreos
- 16 oz. white melting chocolate (mine came in a microwave safe bowl)
- decorating icing (blue for eye, orange for nose and black for mouth is desired)
- 4-5 (1 oz.) packages of mini Oreos
- food processor, waxed paper, fork, 2 baking sheets
- Pulse the package of Oreo cookies in a food processor until a very thin powder forms. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the Oreo powder and softened cream cheese. Mix until all Oreo crumbs are incorporated.
- Spoon out a tablespoon of the Oreo mixture and roll into a uniform ball. Place them onto a baking sheet. Continue approximately 40 more times.
- Chill for about an hour until the Oreo balls are firm.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave (30 second intervals) until it reaches a liquid consistency. Place an Oreo ball on the fork and dip into the melted chocolate. Cover the ball in chocolate and then use the fork and gently shake the excess off. Transfer to a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Gently place a mini Oreo on top of the ball before the chocolate hardens. Once all have been coated and dried, decorate with icing.
Yields approximately 35-40 Oreo balls.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!