Potato soup will never be the same! This spiced up recipe may leave your nose running even more (assuming you have a cold like everyone else in the country right now).
- 5 large russet potatoes, diced
- 5 c. (32 oz.) low sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 lbs. andouille, sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1 Tbsp. cajun seasoning
- 8 oz. block cream cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large stock pot over medium high, melt the butter and add in the andouille and onions. Once the sausage begins to brown, add in the garlic and mix until aromatic. Gently sprinkle the flour over the mixture and stir until coated. Whisk in the milk slowly so clumps do not form. Season with cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper. Continue whisking until mixture just begins to thicken.
- Add in the chicken broth and diced potatoes. Cover with a lid and allow to boil for approximately 25-30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender, but not to the point of disintegration (this will depend on how large the potatoes pieces are, I cut mine into 1 inch cubes).
- Stir in the cream cheese and mix until incorporated and thickened.
- Serve with shredded cheese and croutons on top or serve with fresh Cheddar Bay Biscuits.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!