All the wonderful flavors of a churro, but with very minimal effort! Photo credits to my mom for snapping this picture at work since the dish was made for a carry-in.
- 2 (8 oz.) cans of crescent rolls (Butter flavor is recommended, of course!)
- 2 (8 oz.) boxes of cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 c. of sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a 9×13″ airbake pan, spray the inside generously with nonstick cooking spray. Gently press one can of crescent rolls into the bottom, pinches together all the seams so it is one large sheet. Carefully work the sides up until they are about an inch above the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, vanilla, egg, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Use a hand mixer and blend until smooth. Pour into the crescent bowl base.
- On a large piece of wax paper, roll out the second can of crescent rolls and pinch the seams together. Gently place on top of cream cheese mixture and attempt to join the sides of the first cresent layer with the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and the cinnamon, stir until combined well.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the top layer of crescent rolls is a golden brown. Brush the top with butter and quickly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top.
- Best served warm!
Yields approximately 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!