No nuts or added sugary mix-ins; just super simple, delicious banana bread – the way it was intended!
- 3-4 super ripe bananas
- 1.5 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/3+ c. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Using a sifter over a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and pinch of salt.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla and beat again with mixer until well combined. Add to the flour mixture.
- Use the medium-sized bowl from step 3 to gently mash the bananas and add to the large bowl. Gently stir the mixture until just combined.
- Take the remaining few tablespoons of butter than were cut away for the recipe’s 1/3 c. and rub generously along the inside of a 4×8″ bread loaf pan (not all of this will be used). Pour bread dough into bottom of pan and bake for about 40 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Allow to cool on a rack before removing from pan.
- Serve in slices with slabs of butter.
Yields approximately 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!