- 2 large russet potatoes, washed a dried
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 c. yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 c. celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. green onion tops, sliced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. cajun seasoning (I used “Slap Ya Mama”)
- dash of hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb. cooked crawfish tails
- 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- Other: aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400*. Use a fork and poke holes around potatoes on all sides. Coat the potatoes in olive oil and slice in half lengthwise. Wrap up in aluminum foil. Place in oven on racks and cook for about an hour, or until completely tender.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the stick of butter. Add in onions and celery and cook until translucent. Add in garlic, cajun seasoning, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and add in the crawfish tails, cheese, and sour cream.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven. Gently use a spoon and scoop out the potato innards, leaving the skin intact (I failed epically on my first two halves, I suggest taking a knife tracing the outside of the skin a 1/4″ away towards the center of the potato and then use the spoon to remove small sections at a time. Don’t stress the sides or they will burst). Add the potato innards to the crawfish mixture. Stir to combine after all potatoes have been gutted.
- Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and place potato skin on pan. Spoon mixture back into the potato skins. Place under broiler until tops have lightly browned.
Yields 4 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!