If this recipe doesn’t scream my brother’s name, then I don’t know what does. Jacob absolutely loves dirt pudding and of course Oreos, so I decided to bring this dessert along to celebrate his birthday this weekend. Can’t forget a glass of milk with this rich recipe!
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake prepared according to directions
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 12 oz. jar hot fudge
- Family Size (1 lb.) package Double Stuff Oreos
- 8 oz. extra creamy cool whip
- 1 box (3.56 oz.) Hershey’s brand dark chocolate pudding mix
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly spray a 9×13″ deep cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil. Mix until smooth. Pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for about 25 minutes until toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean. Place on baking rack and allow to cool completely.
- In a gallon-sized Ziploc bag, crush the entire package of Oreos until they are in smaller pieces. Set to the side
- In a medium-sized bowl combine the pudding mix and milk. Whisk together until smooth and no lumps. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Once chilled, use a spatula and gently fold in the Cool Whip and 3/4 of the crushed Oreos. The Cool Whip does not have to be mixed in perfectly. Recover and return to the fridge.
- Take the end of a spatula or other kitchen utensil and poke large holes all over the top of the cake. On a low power, melt the hit fudge until pourable. Gently pour into the holes that were made into the cake. Allow to chill.
- Once cake has chilled, spread Cool Whip mixture on top. Sprinkle remaining Oreos all over and drizzle with chocolate syrup. Keep chilled until served.
Yields approximately 12 slices.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!