Successful pantry dump recipes are so satisfyingly wonderful! Especially because they both clean out all those odds and ends ingredients and let you use some culinary creativity!
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 package of turkey bacon, broiled until crispy
- 1/4 c. jalapeos, diced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Nature’s seasoning
- 2+ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- bundle of green onions, snipped
- about 10 tortillas
- olive oil
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cream cheese, jalapeños, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and Nature’s seasoning. Mix until well combined. Set to the side.
- Crumble turkey bacon into smaller pieces. Set aside.
- Warm a tablespoon of oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to ripple, smear a heaping tablespoon of cream cheese mixture ona tortilla and place in the skillet. Sprinkle just enough cheese to lightly cover the entire tortilla. Top with shredded chicken, crumbled bacon, and green onions. Cover with a small amount of shredded cheese on the very top.
- Allow to brown for approximately 2-3 minutes or until a nice browned crust forms (Usually this only takes about a minute since it it cooking while you are assebling). Use a spatula and gently fold the tortilla in half, being cautious not to spill the innards. Remove from the pan and use a knife to spit the quesadilla in half. Repeat until all ingredients are used up!
Yields approximately 10 quesadillas.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!