Prepare your tastebuds for this delightful summer treat! Every flavor aspect of this food truck classic will keep you on your toes! First the crisp lime juice wakes up your tastebuds, then the rich creamy mayonnaise softens the pallet, next the salty goodness of the Mexican cheese melts around everything, and lastly the kick of cayenne adds some finishing heat.
- 6 ears sweet corn
- 6 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 c. finely grated Cojita cheese
- 1 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 fresh lime
- optional: fresh cilantro garnish
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Peel husks and silk from the cobs.
- Grill corn for about 10 minutes on each side or until it begins to slightly blacken.
- Remove the corn from the grill and slather 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise onto each cob. Sprinkle the grated Cojita cheese onto mayonnaise layer. Arrange the corn into a serving dish. Dust the tops with a very minimal amount of cayenne pepper and finish it off with squeezing fresh lime juice over the dish! Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired.
Yields 6 servings
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!