This recipe should be renamed Magic Potatoes both for their transformation and flavor! I find it amazing how you throw in the oil and seasonings and after baking, they adhere to the potatoes!! MAGIC I TELL YOU!
- olive oil
- 1/2 c. finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 lbs. baby red potatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Pour approximately enough olive oil into the bottom of a 9×13″ glass baking dish to coat the entire bottom, move the oil around to evenly spread around.
- In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese and all the seasonings. Mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Carefully sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly onto the top of the olive oil, be careful to sprinkle slowly because this does not get mixed.
- Place the cut side of the potatoes down onto the cheese and gently press down so that the potatoes make full contact with the cheese mixture.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until the cheese becomes crispy and the potatoes are fork tender.
- Don’t worry about the excess oil, allow to cool for about 6-8 minutes. Use a fork and gently flip the potatoes over without knocking the cheese layer off.
Yields approximately 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!