- 1 large French bread loaf, cubed
- 2 c. sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 2 c. milk
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1 c. pecans, chopped
- 1 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 c. Fireball Whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with a liberal amount of nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange cubed bread so that the pieces are as even as possible.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Pour over cubed bread, stir until all the pieces are coated, and allow to soak for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, use a fork and combine the softened butter, brown sugar, and pecans until large crumbles form. Sprinkle the mixture over the soaking bread.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until the center is set and the bread is lightly browned on top. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the Fireball sauce ingredients and whisk together until the sugar melts. Serve warm by drizzling over the warm bread pudding!
Yields approximately 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!