Before we get started, I wanted to state a disclaimer. These crab rangoon are probably not what you are used to. I’ve added my own spin and made them much more savory, which is usually not a characteristic of these delightful Asian treats. But prepare your tastebuds for an adventure!
- 14+ large egg roll wrappers
- 8 oz. imitation flaked crab meat
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 c. mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 bundle of fresh chives
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400*. Spray an aluminum lined cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients except the wonton wrappers and melted butter. Stir until well combined.
- Lay out one wonton wrapper and place about 2 Tablespoons of the crab mixture into the center. Spread the mixture into an even line across the length of the wrapper. Gently roll the wrapper up. Dip your finger in water and run along the crease so that it seals against the rest of the roll. Place on prepared cookie sheet. Continue until all filling is used up.
- Brush melted butter onto the tops and sides of each roll. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the wontons are golden brown. Serve warm!
Yields about 14-20 rolls.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!