Because bacon and cheese makes everything better!
- 1.5 lbs. brussel sprouts, halved
- About 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 1/2 c. real bacon bits
- 1.5 c. shredded Italian blend cheese
- 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400*. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- When preparing the brussel sprouts, I remove the stalky stem and then remove those outer layer of leaves since they are more bitter. Once they are all halved, lay in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with your hands. Sprinkle with Nature’s Seasoning.
- Roast for about 20 minutes or until they start to become a light golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, heavy cream, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Then stir in 1 c. of cheese and 1/4 c. bacon bits. Pour into a medium sized casserole dish. Top with remaining cheese and bacon bits.
- Bump the oven temp down to 350* and bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and begins to brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!