I’ve tweaked this classic Whitaker weeknight meal many different ways, but I believe my experimentation has revealed a winner! I love the versatility that this recipe offers!
- 2 lbs. ground beef or turkey
- 4 tsp. Weber Gourmet Burger Seasoning
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 (10.75 oz.) cans cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
- 2 (15 oz.) cans french cut green beans, drained well (other options can include corn, peas, etc.)
- 2 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 32 oz. package tater tots
- 1 tsp. Seasoned Salt
- Preheat oven to 375*. Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef. Drain and leave the meat in the colander. Use about 2 Tbsp. of the beef juice to cook the onions until translucent. Remove from the heat.
- Return the beef back to the skillet. Season with Gourmet Burger seasoning and pepper. Add in the two cans of cream of mushroom soup and Worcestershire sauce and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the meat mixture to the prepared glass baking dish. Spread out evenly along the bottom. Top the meat mixture with green beans and season the with Nature’s Seasoning.
- Top the green beans layer with the shredded cheese and then finally arrange the tater tots on top. Sprinkle the Seasoned Salt on top of the tater tots.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes until the tater tots are crispy and the cheese is bubbly.
Yields 10 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!