Recipe credits go out to my awesome Momma for this refreshing cake recipe! This was poppa’s Father’s Day request, along with Alice Springs Chicken AND Cheesecake Fruit Salad. I swear he is spoiled rotten. And yes this is an ugly slice of cake… we were too eager to dig into it that no considerations were made for aesthetic pleasure.
- 16 oz. box French Vanilla Super Moist Cake Mix
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1 c. 7 Up
- 2 ( 3.4 oz.) boxed Instant Pistachio Pudding
- 3 eggs
- 8 oz. tub Extra Creamy Cool Whip
- 1/2 c. milk
- Preheat oven to temperature suggested on the cake mix box.
- Spray a 9×13″ air bake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, 7 Up, eggs, and ONE box of pudding. Stir until smooth and pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for time stated on the box. Check inside of cake by inserting a toothpick. When the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the cool whip, milk, and last box of pudding mix. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Spread onto the completely cooled cake. Cover and chill for at least an hour.
Yields 12 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!