- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 3 c. cooked chicken, diced
- 2 ( oz.) cans green enchilada sauce
- 3 large zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 3 c. shredded Mexican blend cheese
- optional: ranch, sour cream, white queso, or ranch
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring oil to heat in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until soft (about 5 minutes). Add in garlic, cumin, and chili powder and stir until combined. Toss in chicken, 2 cups of shredded cheese, and 1 can of enchilada sauce and stir.
- Use a mandolin slicer and thinly slice the zucchinis along the length until you get long strips. Discard the outer few trimmings.
- To assemble, line up three strips of zucchini side by side so that the long sides overlap. Place a heaping spoonful of chicken mixture on one end leaving a small amount of space near the end. Take that end and lift all three pieces of zucchini and wrap up and under the chicken mixture and roll to secure. Place seam-side down into the prepared dish.
- Drizzle the remaining can of enchilada sauce evenly onto the tops of the enchiladas. Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the zucchini slices are soft.
- Optional: garnish options can include cilantro, sour cream, ranch, or white queso
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!