Remember kids, always eat your veggies! You’ll never be drowning in a zucchini crop with these delectable cookies! Best served with a cold, crisp glass of milk.
- 1.5 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1.5 c. shredded zucchini (about 1 medium-sized zucchini)
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1 c. mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. milk chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly spray with butter flavored nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Set to the side.
- In a new large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix in the egg and vanilla. Add in the zucchini and fold it in. Gently add the flour mixture into the wet mixture and stir until everything is combined. Stir in the oats and mini chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon, drop 6 heaping spoonfuls onto each parchment paper lined pan. Bake for about 12 minutes. When 4 minutes is remaining on the timer. Remove one pan and place the large chocolate chips neatly on top. Return to the oven and do the other pan. Allow the timer to run out and cool on racks.
Yields 2 dozen cookies.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!