One pot meals are a gift from the heavens, but they take on a whole new level of holiness with the addition of Emril’s Essence (my fairy dust).
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs, diced
- 2 Tbsp. Emril’s Essence seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 10 oz. uncooked campanelli noodles
- 2 tsp. Emril’s Essence
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 c. shredded Monterey jack cheese
- parsley for garnish
- In a high sided skillet (with tight fitting lid) over medium high heat, add in the olive oil. Allow to warm.
- Season chicken pieces with Emril’s Essence, salt, and pepper until coated evenly. Toss into the hot oil and cook until no longer pink. Add in the bell pepper, onion, and garlic and cook until tender.
- Pour in the chicken broth and uncooked noodles. Stir until the noodles are submerged in the broth and bring to gentle boil. Reduce the heat to simmer, cover with a lid, and allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is aldente. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking when the pasta absorbs the water.
- Stir in the heavy cream and remaining 2 tsp. Emril’s Essence. When adding in the cheese, there are two options. Option 1: add the cheese into the skillet and stir into the mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until the cheese is melted completely. Option 2: pour the cheese on top of the mixture and (if your pan in oven-safe) broil the skillet until the cheese in melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!