- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, diced
- 2 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 c. beef broth
- 8 oz. sliced provolone cheese, chopped
- 6 brioche buns
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add in the ground beef. Do not move the meat until it has a crispy cooked crust. Flip and brown the other side until crispy. Remove the meat from the pan and set to the side.
- In the now empty pan, melt the butter. Add in the onion, pepper, and mushroom. Do not disturb for about 2 minutes to allow browning. Add the beef back into the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the beef broth and cornstarch. Add to the pan.
- Also add in the ketchup, Worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Cook until the mixture has only a slight liquid state, 3-5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the provolone cheese until melted.
- Serve on toasted brioche buns.
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!