- small rotisserie chicken, diced fine (about 2 c.)
- 8 oz. box manicotti noodles (this wasn’t quite enough for filling)
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh spinach, chopped
- 15 oz. ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 c. shredded Italian cheese, divided
- jar Light Alfredo sauce
- parsley for garnish
- In salted water, boil manicotti according to package directions. Cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, half of the Italian cheese, chicken, spinach, parmesan, and egg. Mix until smooth. Pour the mixture into a gallon sized Ziploc bag. Seal the bag and cut the bottom corner so that it doesn’t exceed the diameter of the manicotti. Fill each noodle completely and arrange them in the baking dish.
- Once the manicotti are all filled. Pour the Alfredo sauce on top. Sprinkle the remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Garnish with parsley.
Yields 5 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!