How about a low carb, quicker, and easier healthy alternative to traditional Chicken Cordon Bleu! Yes please!!
- 4 large chicken breasts, halved and pounded thin
- Nature’s Seasoning
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. O’Charley’s Honey Mustard (original recipe said to use Dijon mustard)
- 16 thin slices of deli ham
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- Warm a large electric skillet to about 350/400* or medium high heat and add in the butter and oil.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with dusting of Nature’s seasoning and press down to ensure it stays.
- In a shallow pan, whisk together the flour, parsley, and garlic salt. Lightly dredge each chicken breast into the flour mixture and shake gently to remove excess. Place into the hot skillet. Allow to cook without being disturbed. Once both sides of the chicken are golden brown, remove from the heat and place on a plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chicken broth, honey mustard, and lemon juice. Pour into the electric skillet and use a spatula to release the browned chicken droppings. Simmer until the chicken broth beginning to reduce slightly.
- Drop the skillet pan to medium (300*). Arrange the chicken breasts to all fit in the pan. Top each breast with two slices of ham. Split each cheese slice in half and place the two halves on a breast.
- Cover the electric skillet with a lid and allow to simmer for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!