The Whitaker household is officially dieting again. Although I am determined to find healthy, yet delicious meals!! Tonight’s dinner was clean eating goodness!
- 4 (6 oz.) portions of salmon
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. Nature’s Seasoning
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 small beefsteak tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram
- Preheat oven to 400*. Tear 4 sheets of aluminum foil into about 17 inch sections.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, yellow squash, half the onion, garlic salt, Nature’s Seasoning, and 1 Tbsp of oil. Toss until everything is coated. Evenly spoon 1/4 of the squash mixture onto the center of each piece of foil.
- Lay the salmon filets out and brush with 1 Tbsp of oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Lay the seasoned side down on top of each pile of zucchini. Drizzle each filet with lemon juice and then salt and pepper the tops.
- In a small bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, remaining onion, thyme, oregano, marjoram, remaining Tablespoon of oil and use salt and pepper to taste. Divide the tomato mixture between all four packets.
- Gently fold bring the longer sides of the foil to the center and fold repeatedly to create a firm closure. Then roll the sides up so that the steam is trapped within the packet.
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven, very carefully vent the packets and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Yields 4 servings
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!