The recipe below is just for the chicken aspect of my meal. On the side, I also had skewers with fresh yellow squash, zucchini, onion, and whole mushrooms which I brushed with the marinade. I recommend making another whole batch (if not two) if you go this route. Brush the veggies lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper them, and then brush on the marinade once they hit the grill. Use the leftover marinade to touch up the chicken!
- 1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Sake rice wine, dry sherry wine would be a good substitute
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1.5 tsp. ground ginger
- bamboo skewers, soaked
** 6 hours before meal*
- Whisk together all of the marinade ingredients together and pour into a gallon sized Ziploc bag.
- Cut the chicken into long, thin strips and place into the marinade bag. Seal and allow to marinade for a minimum of 6 hours, overnight is best!
- Soak bamboo skewers in water at least 30 minutes before grilling to prevent burning.
- Fire up the grill to 400*.
- Weave the chicken onto the skewers, sending the most amount of meat through the stick as you can so you get a firm hold.
- Grill for 20 minutes in each side. If you choose to add veggies, skewer these separately since the cooking time can vary.
Yields 4 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!