Incredibly easy weeknight meal with a healthy twist! Next time, I will be adding onion into the burgers!
- 3 lbs. ground turkey
- 1.5 packets taco seasoning
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 large jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- olive oil
- hamburger buns
- romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced and drained
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 c. cilantro, chopped fine
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey, taco seasoning, cilantro, and jalapeño. Use a spoon or your hands and mix until evenly combined. Portion out about 1/4 c. mixture and form into a thin burger. Place down in the hot oil. Allow to cook and brown for about 8 minutes of both sides (time may vary). Once a nice brown caramelized color forms, flip them and cook the other side. Remove and place on a plate when both sides are cooked.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic. Use a fork to mash the avocado until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
- To assemble, smear a spoonful of guacamole on one half of a bun. Add a large lettuce leaf, and then top with the turkey burger.
Yields 8 servings.
Eat, Bork, and Be Merry!