My devoted boyfriend has been on a diet for alittle over a month now and has lost 20 pounds! Before this journey began, we would eat out almost every weekend night and dine like kings. We have since replaced our party weekends with healthy cooking at home. Here is yet another lighter fare option that we tried this weekend! Enjoy!
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 c. shredded mozzarella cheese, part-skim
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/4 c. light Alfredo sauce
- optional 1/4 tsp. salt & pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 c. fresh mushrooms
- 2 c. cooked shredded chicken (rotisserie is best)
- 1/4 c. bacon bits, regular or turkey
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella, part-skim
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 400* and line a pizza pan with parchment paper. Spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
- Break the cauliflower apart and grate in a food processor until “riced”. Microwave the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl for 4 minutes until steamed. Wait until mostly cooled.
- Use a thin clean hand towel and mound the cauliflower up in the center. Gather all the sides and vigorously ring out any and all moisture (the more out, the better). Once the juices have been squeezed out, dump back into the bowl and add the egg, both cheeses, and seasonings. Mix until well incorporated.
- Press the dough gently into a single thin layer on the prepared baking sheet. Do not make the dough too thick or it won’t hold together.
- Bake for about 10 minutes until the center begins to slightly brown, baking will continue after toppings have been added. Watch the edges because they burn easy.
- Spread the Alfredo sauce onto the crust, leaving about 1/4 inch for the crust. Salt and pepper the Alfredo (the light need some extra love). Lay down a single layer of spinach leaves. Top with shredded chicken, mushrooms, and bacon bits. Sprinkle the cheeses on top.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust has browned. Be careful not to burn the edges!
Yields 4 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!
3 thoughts on “Cauliflower Crust Chicken Alfredo Pizza”
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for following my blog and I hope you find a blessing there
LikeLiked by 1 person