- 5 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized strips
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cajun seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers (yellow, red, and green)
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 16 oz. half and half
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 c. grated parmesan
- 4 medium sized zucchini, spiralized
- Toss the chicken in cajun seasoning until coated. The amount will depend on which type of cajun seasoning is used. Brands like Tony’s or Slap Ya Mama will required very little because the sodium content is so high. Just keep in mind that you can always add more seasoning later but you can’t take it out!! I used Ruler (Psssst) Brand which is more focused on herbs rather than salt. I ended up using almost 3 Tbsp. on the chicken.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the olive oil and 3 Tbsp. butter. Once the butter has melted arrange the chicken in the pan without crowding (I ended up doing them in 3 batches). Remember to not disturbed the chicken for at least 2 minutes to achieve the crispy crust. The chicken does not have to be completely cooked through to move on because it will continue cooking later. Place on a plate to the side.
- In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp. more of butter and toss in the peppers and minced garlic. Stir fry until brown and crispy. Add in the half and half, cream cheese, parmesan cheese and the cooked chicken. Bring to a low boil and then add the zucchini noodles. Once coated, pour in parmesan cheese. Stir until combined and creamy. If you desire a thicker sauce, add shredded mozzarella. Here is where you would add additional cajun seasoning if it needs more flavor, the cheeses are salty so test after all the components are added.
Yields 6 servings.
Eat, Bork, & Be Merry!