It’s only taken me 3 months to finally try this recipe and now it might be a monthly staple! The crispy seasoned chicken thighs pair so wonderfully with the super creamy decadent Parmesan sauce! Enjoy my friends!
- 6 chicken thighs (skin on and bone in)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion
- 3 tsp. Minced garlic
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 c. Fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 c. Parmesan Romano grated cheese
- Generously season both sides of chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat a thin layer of olive oil over medium high temp. Once oil is heated, place thighs skin-down in the skillet (I had to do 2 separate batches). Leave the thighs untouched for about 13 minutes until the skin is crispy and hard to touch. Flip the thighs and cook the other side for about 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Place chicken on a plate to the side.
- In the same skillet, save about 2 Tbsp. of oil and use it to cook onions and garlic until translucent. Add the spinach and tomatoes and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Pour in heavy whipped cream and heat until it begins to boil. Whisk is Parmesan cheese and cook until slightly thickened.
- Add chicken thighs into sauce and spoon it over the crispy thighs.
- Can be served over noodles or mashed potatoes.