- 1 lb. ground beef (80/20 is my fav ratio)
- 1 lb. pork sausage
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 29 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 c. uncooked Jasmine rice
- 1 head cabbage, sliced fine into strips
- 2 (14 oz.) cans beef broth
- 1+ Tbsp. Kinder’s The Blend seasoning
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- In a large dutch oven, heat pan over medium high heat. Brown beef and sausage along with onion until cooked through. Drain if desired, I opted to leave mine to soak into the rice (super healthy, I know).
- Add in tomato sauce, cabbage, rice, broth, and seasonings. Stir until all mixed together.
- Place lid on dutch oven and place in preheated oven for 1 hour, do not peak! After 1 hour has elapsed, remove the lid and bake for an additional 30 minutes. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, add a thick layer of mozzarella cheese and return to the oven to melt.
Yields 8 servings | Eat, Bork, & Be Merry | Author: Kate Lax-Watkins | © Just Borking Around