- 1/2 pint cheery tomatoes, cut in fourths
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 chicken breasts, halved and flattened
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 3 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. prepared pesto
- sliced muenster or gouda cheese
- 1 c. shredded parmesan cheese
- In a medium sized bowl. combine all the ingredients in the first section and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375*. Lightly spray a 9×13″ w/ nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine all the seasonings in the second set group of ingredients and stir until combined. Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with seasoning mixture. Place filets into prepared baking dish. Spoon pesto onto top of each breast and finish off w/ a slice of cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and spoon bruschetta mixture on top of each filet. Top with parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes. You can opt to broil for an additional few minutes if desired, but watch closely.
Yields 6 servings | Eat, Bork, & Be Merry! | Author: Kate Lax-Watkins | © Just Borking Around